Los Osos Track Giving It Their All

Emily Espinosa
A story of the many amazing opportunities that come with running for the track team.

Los Osos High School has kicked off the 2024 winter sport track season. They had a promising season last year and more is to come and is expected. 

The track is a winter sport so there are many hard days for the runners that they have to overcome. If you think running is hard and many don’t like it, try running in the heat or the cold. That’s a whole different ball game and many runners can attest to this. 

Many Cross Country runners, which is long-distance running, have transitioned into the 2024 track season. Runners say running year-long may be tiring, however, it helps them move into the shorter distance (track) and helps them, not only with the cross-country season next year but also helps them with their mid-distance track events. 

The track has just started and practice is every day after school. The first track meet isn’t for a couple of months, but runners and coaches are preparing for a highly anticipated season. 

Many freshman runners are pensive about the season they will endure and mainly worried and excited about what to expect with the high school experience of track meets, practices, or being part of a large team. 

The new environment and experience sets a thrill for the many new freshmen. Many seniors are either dreading their last year of high school, excited that it’s over, or both, and oftentimes is an emotional time as the season comes nearing the end. 

Different perspectives each have different insights and how they feel about the season thus far or how they want the season to end. The common response when asked this question was they want the season to end with a bang and on good standings.

Last year, Los Osos beat Rancho Cucamonga High in overall track standings and they intend to do so again this 2024 track season. The Los Osos High School (LOHS) track is only getting started on the talents and explosive seasons. 

Everyone is eager to see what new tactics and practice techniques the coaches and team will partake in to build their speed and endurance. Not only do they engage in running, but the weight room is also incorporated to increase strength and enforce a powerful start to the race. 

All the regiments that we have discussed encompass a well-rounded runner in order for them to display and run at their peak performance. 

Taken from Los Osos Track Instagram