HYBS “Well Done” Review

The album cover represents the two band members being satisfied with their work, and leaving in a well place. Their journey ends here. (JUICEY)

The two person band came out with their newest and freshest album, “WELL DONE”. HYBS dedicated a lot of time and love into this album for their fans.
The album contains six different songs. Their most popular and known song “Tip Toe” is also on the album.
“As our final curtain call, we’ve poured our soul and heart into this farewell album.” Says Karn Kasidej, member of the band.
The two left lots of fans heart broken, as many had just started listening to their music.
I’m saddened by their choice, but respect it. They made such good songs, but said they never intended for their journey to go so far. They didn’t think they’d come this far.
I think I can say the best song on the album is Satellite, besides Tip Toe.
Tip Toe was their single released on June 20th, 2023. But I feel that they have only started getting more popular because of this single.
I’ve gotten a chance to listen to their music since 2021, and I can definitely say that WELL DONE is one of their best albums they’ve released.
“So, we came to the decision together that we wanted a break and reset to stop thinking so much and start getting inspired again,” says Alyn Wee, member of the band. “Just to make sure that the reason we started making music is because we love it, and we want to keep it that way.”
I think that they’re smart for doing this. They make music for almost 3 years, then leave when they’re just starting to get a lot of popularity. Especially from apps like Tiktok.
The idea is that they do their music, enjoy the true fans, and leave once the fame really starts to hit hard.
Because of what they said, I think they’re taking this break in order to make sure their passion for making music is true to them. And to be prepared for the big amount of fame they’re getting.
They’re latest single, “I’m Blessed” came out just two months ago in February. They collabed with another favorite artist of mine, SIRUP.
I absolutely love the combination because they can all have the different vibes but the energy all together matches.
I’d recommend anyone who is into r&b, soul, or hip-hop to listen to their music, especially their singles Tip Toe, Ride, and Dancing With My Phone.
WELL DONE is a 19 minute listen album, as the goodbye album I’d say they did pretty good.
They knew how to capture all of their emotions, negative and positive and make it into an album that consists of good energy.
Ever since I started listening to HYBS’s music, I’ve been more into thai bands and overall bands that aren’t originally from the United States.
HYBS is known for being a popular well known Thai band that managed to get popular in a relatively short amount of time.
More artists like HYBS are wave to earth, BIBI, Keshi, SIRUP, Hojean, and Jungkook.
The band have announced their two final farewell concerts that will take place in Washington, DC. This concert is based on the album, WELL DONE.
Their name, “HYBS” stands for “Have You Been Shrimp” which never exactly made sense to me.
Their overall vibe is retro-pop, which since last year, has been one of my favorites. They know how to make you want to dance but not to the point where you’re tired at the end of the song, but where you’re relaxed.
They’ve blessed us with this album.