Los Osos Girls Golf

Photo+Credit%3A+Nina+Wood+
Photo Credit: Nina Wood

With the crackling of leaves underfoot and a brisk autumn breeze in the air, the anticipation builds as the Los Osos Girls Golf team starts their new season. 

The first tee is a place of both excitement and nerves, where the golfers stand ready to launch their season. 

Each swing of the club carries with it the hopes and aspirations of the players and their team. With precision, they address the ball, take a deep breath, and clearly the Los Osos Golf Team lets the club do the talking.

The 2023 season is going exceptionally well so far. They stand undefeated, going 5-0 in the league. 

The most notable tournament this year for Freshman Alexis Lee was the day the team played against Chino Hills. Last year they struggled to beat Chino Hills, but this year they won by a whole six strokes.

In golf, the term “strokes” refers to the number of times a golfer hits the golf ball with the intention of putting it into the hole.

Winning by six strokes in golf is quite a significant margin and is considered an impressive achievement. Golf is a sport where small differences in performance can have a substantial impact on the outcome.

With the topic of substantial impacts, it should be known that there are more matches to come that could determine the teams faith.

Junior Jenna Trinidad is ready for the upcoming matches. Trinidad said, “I am excited to see if we can win the remainder of our matches and hopefully we can be league champions.”

Last year Trinidad qualified for Girls Golf California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and hopes to do it again this year. 

CIF competitions are the pinnacle of high school sports in California. 

Qualifying for CIF means the team demonstrated exceptional skill and performance, as they are competing at a level that represents the best in the state.

Though the team is exceptional on the course, for most of the girls their lifelong bonds inspire them to keep playing. 

Lee puts it perfectly when she said, “Winning feels good, but what makes me feel even better is being able to play alongside my teammates. I find myself having the most fun when I’m relaxed and spending time with my teammates during the matches!”

Through shared practices, tournaments, and the ups and downs of the game, the Los Osos Girls Golfers forge lasting bonds with their teammates. The collective encouragement and camaraderie create an atmosphere of unity and belonging, where they uplift each other in both victories and defeats. 

The similar experiences of traveling to different courses, navigating challenges, and dealing with the nuances of the game create a bond among players from different schools. These experiences can lead to lasting friendships and connections.

Trinidad said, “My favorite part about golf is meeting new people and the experience it brings.”

It is exceptionally clear that the Girls Golf team is swinging into the season with passion, determination, and a love for the game that knows no bounds, just bonds.