Lewis Family Playhouse is Back at it Again!

Lewis Family Playhouse is a performing arts theater at the Victoria Gardens Cultural Center in Rancho Cucamonga, California. 

The theater presents many amazing shows, whether it’s musicals, comedy, dance, plays, and more. With about 400 guests per show, you are still able to see every stage detail no matter where you are sitting. 

This is Lewis Family Playhouse’s sixteenth season!

The Lewis Family Playhouse is not a very wellknown theater to a lot of us at Los Osos High School, but if you ever get a chance, go see one of their shows.

They have many upcoming performances like Inland Pacific Ballet’s “The Nutcracker” from December 2 to December 10, Cirque Zumazuma on January 13, The Graduates on January 14, and many other great shows that you can find on their website.

This local community theater helps bring different cultures to Rancho Cucamonga and I feel that more people would benefit from being exposed to these new cultures. 

One family did a review of the theater on Tripadvisor and said, “We love that Lewis Family Playhouse has brought more culture to Rancho Cucamonga, and that we’ve had such a great opportunity to expose our daughter to theatre at such a young age.” 

Due to the pandemic, Lewis Family Playhouse fully shut down in 2020. They stopped their performances for about two years. 

To continue presenting shows, the city of Rancho Cucamonga was awarded money to support the Victoria Gardens Cultural Center. They might not have been able to continue and reopen the theater without the federal grant. Lewis Family Playhouse, fortunately, reopened in 2022 and jumped back to yet another full year of shows! 

This really proves to the community how committed Lewis Family Playhouse is to spreading culture even though there have been many setbacks. 

It also shows us how committed the government is to keeping different cultures alive. They specifically gave Rancho Cucamonga a sum of money to keep presenting shows to keep operating. 

Currently, the Lewis Family Playhouse is the only theater in Rancho Cucamonga that hosts plays, dance, music, and so much more.

A lot of students would much rather watch a movie in a theater, falsely believing that movies and shows are practically the same thing. 

The theater experience is actually very different from a movie experience. In my opinion, theater shows are much more magical, with seeing all the lighting changes and actual people performing live. 

One patron on Yelp said that it was nice to hear “the live audience cheering with ‘woo’s’ and ‘aww’s.”

Speaking of Yelp reviews, there are a number of positive reviews that are important to know before going to see a show at Lewis Family Playhouse, they have free parking and food locations since it is right by Victoria Gardens, and there really are no “bad seats” in this theater. They also sell some concessions before the show or during intermission, and their theater and bathrooms are all super clean! Overall, Lewis Family Playhouse is a very organized and good-quality theater.

Next time you’re thinking of going to Victoria Gardens, you might want to consider booking a show at the Cultural Center!